The American Muslim Center was founded in 2011 by a group of people who realized the pressing need and necessity of having a center that caters to the Muslim community. Thanks to Allah (God) and to this group of people’s effort, the idea of a center became reality.
Today the American Muslim Center provides many services to the community such as:
- The five daily prayers
- Jumu’ah service
- Programs and activities for adults and children
- Eid prayers and Eid celebrations
- Community dinners
American Muslim Center’s mission is to help local Muslims preserve & practice their faith, balance and moderate understanding of Islam, through educational, social & spiritual programs and activities catered to children, youth and adults.
The aims and purposes of the AMC are to serve the best interests of Islam and the Muslims in the Boston North Shore area, enabling them to practice Islam as a complete way of life. Toward this end, the AMC shall:
- Help the Muslims of the Boston North Shore area carry out Islamic programs and projects.
- Assist Muslims in organizing themselves for the entire spectrum of Islamic activities including, but not limited to, social, cultural, religious, and educational activities.
- Strengthen bonds and relations among Muslims.
- Promote friendly relations and understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims.